Developed by psychologist E.K. Strong and continually refined and researched, the Strong Interest Inventory® is an indispensable tool for the modern workplace. It benefits from a variety of lenses through which career interests and preferences can be assessed: starting with a broad view of general fields of interest, the inventory goes on to suggest specific career options for the individual, and gives them an insight into their likely professional style once in a job.
Take a moment to view the short video to learn about the Strong instrument.
Explore the Model
You can see how the Strong Interest Inventory® instrument correlates with Holland’s RIASEC framework in the diagram below.
The Strong Interest Inventory® assessment is ideal for a wide range of applications, including the following:
- Choosing a college major—helps students uncover their career interests and identify which areas of study are appropriate or required for a particular field
- Career exploration—opens up the world of work to first-time career seekers and those considering career transition by identifying their interests and demonstrating how they relate to various occupations and careers
- Career development—helps heighten individuals’ self-awareness and provide deeper understanding of individual strengths and blind spots, including work style and risk-taking orientation
- Employee engagement—helps employees align their interests with areas of responsibility in their job that reflect those interests
- Reintegration—helps individuals navigate the reintroduction process after a period of disconnection
- Empowers your clients to discover their true interests so they can expand and explore various career options that will keep them engaged
- Relates your clients’ interest patterns to those of satisfied workers within an occupation
- Presents results on a variety of complementary themes and scales
- Delivers user-friendly, well organised and highly intuitive results
- When combined with the MBTI® Form M Career Report, it provides your clients with a complete career development picture
Strong Brand Portfolio
A comprehensive portfolio of manuals, guides, reports, and other products and services is available, including the following:
- iStartStrong®Report—puts self-discovery into the hands of anyone seeking career direction. Utilizing two of the four Strong Interest Inventory® scales, the iStartStrong™ Report serves as the admission pass to the world of career exploration.
- SuperStrong™ — An interactive career and interest assessment platform based on the world’s leading career assessment tool, the Strong Interest Inventory®
Other Available Translations
Please note that translations are available for selected Strong products and assessments in the following languages:
Frequently Asked Question
No. The Strong instrument is what we call ‘Restricted’ and you need to be trained and certified to access and use it. This ensures that the instrument is used for the purpose for which it was designed and that it is being administered and interpreted correctly.
We offer a Certification Program that will qualify you in the professional and ethical administration of the Strong Interest Inventory® instrument and upon successful completion of the program, you will gain a certificate of qualification to purchase and use both the instrument and its reports.