The Thomas-Kilmann Conflict Mode Instrument (TKI® ) tool is the world’s best-selling tool for helping people understand how different conflict-handling styles affect interpersonal and group dynamics—and for empowering them to choose the appropriate style for any situation.
The TKI® tool assesses an individual’s typical behavior in conflict situations and describes it along two dimensions: assertiveness and cooperativeness. It provides detailed information about how that individual can effectively use five different conflict-handling modes, or styles.
Explore the TKI® Model
How It Helps
The TKI® assessment is ideal for a wide range of applications, including:
- Conflict management—to identify different conflict-handling styles and to learn how to choose the appropriate style for any situation
- Team building—improves team functioning by helping members reconcile differences and work together more effectively
- Leadership development—enhances leaders’ conflict management skills
- Performance improvement—helps eliminate barriers to effective performance
- Stress reduction—gives employees the capacity and tools to identify and manage workplace stress
- Retention—helps employees be successful, improve morale, and stay engaged in order to build a stronger organization and retain the best talent
TKI® Brand Portfolio
A comprehensive suite of support materials is available to help you quickly and easily begin using the TKI® tool. This product line gives you the knowledge and confidence to be an effective coach for your clients and to help them start managing conflict immediately and productively.
TKI® Key Highlights
- Provides two options for assessment—TKI® Profile and Interpretive Report (online) or self-scorable booklet (paper-and-pencil format)
- Offers a variety of support materials, including booklets, digital activities, and content-packed training programs to effectively deliver workshops
The TKI® instrument is an unrestricted instrument and requires no special training to administer it and access the reports.